Welcome to Barefoot Julian – Improving Foot Health, Connect with the Natural World!
Shoes are a bit like the ring in The Lord of The Rings. Shoe designers are brilliant at making footwear that we fall in love with at first sight. But in the end, they turn our feet bad. Just like the ring, shoes cripple our feet, but oh so slowly. So gradually that we barely notice our feet have changed. But have you ever looked at the perfect feet of a baby and compared them to the mangled feet of an adult? That is all caused by the shoes we put our feet in – and it’s just the tip of the iceberg.
The human foot is perhaps the defining factor that has made us into the species we are today and is the least understood of all the marvels of nature. In these modern days, most people don’t understand what they have and choose to hide their feet away in nice-looking straight jackets.
If you’re interested in discovering this treasure for yourself, you’ve come to the right place.
We’re an educational blog, and here you’ll find lots of practical information on the topic of barefoot running and minimalist shoes.
If you are new to barefoot running, start here: A Simple (But Complete) Guide to Barefoot Running
Hope you enjoy my articles and return often, or even better, subscribe (see the footer below) to be notified by email of the new articles weekly!
- Barefoot Sandals for Baby / Toddler
- 12 Barefoot Shoes For Kids – All Types of Minimalist Shoes
- Are You Allowed To Run Barefoot In The Olympics?
- 20 Affordable Minimalist Shoes, Flats, Boots, Sandals…
- Minimalist Barefoot Slippers
- The Most Comfortable Barefoot Ballet Flats
- Top 6 Barefoot Minimalist Basketball Shoes
- 7 Recommended Barefoot Running Books for Total Beginners
- Top 5 Minimalist Shoes for Flat Feet
- Top 19 Safety & Zero Drop Work Boots
- 9 Recommended Minimalist Barefoot Winter Boots for Men and Women
- Top 7 Barefoot Minimalist Tennis Shoes
- Top 17 Minimalist Barefoot Dress Shoes for Men and Women
- Top 10 Minimalist Everyday Shoes
- Correct Toes Review
- What is Barefoot Running? Definition & Benefits
- Transition to Barefoot Running
- 5 Tips for Barefoot Running in Socks
- A Simple (But Complete) Guide to Barefoot Running
- Practically Barefoot Running Tips for Beginners