Welcome to Barefoot Julian – Ramblings about the joys of running barefoot, improving foot health and connecting with the Natural World!
Shoes are a bit like the ring in The Lord of The Rings. Shoe designers are brilliant at making footwear that we fall in love with at first sight. But in the end, they turn our feet bad. Just like the ring, shoes cripple our feet, but oh so slowly. So gradually that we barely notice our feet have changed. But have you ever looked at the perfect feet of a baby and compared them to the mangled feet of an adult? That is all caused by the shoes we put our feet in – and it’s just the tip of the iceberg.
The human foot is perhaps the defining factor that has made us into the species we are today and is the least understood of all the marvels of nature. In these modern days, most people don’t understand what they have and choose to hide their feet away in nice-looking straight jackets.
If you’re interested in discovering this treasure for yourself, you’ve come to the right place.
We’re an educational blog, and here you’ll find lots of practical information on the topic of barefoot running and minimalist shoes.
Want to try barefoot running, but not sure how? Here are some of the best barefoot running techniques, methods, and tips!
- A Complete Guide to Barefoot Running
- Transition to Barefoot Running
- 5 Tips for Barefoot Running in Socks
- Chirunning book review
- List of Sports You Can Do Barefoot
- Are You Allowed To Run Barefoot In The Olympics?
- 7 Recommended Barefoot Running Books for Total Beginners
- Correct Toes Review
- Running Barefoot on a Treadmill
Looking for a pair of minimalist barefoot shoes with just the bare essentials? Find them here!
Whether you want to buy a new pair of barefoot shoes or just looking for information on different types of barefoot shoes, we’ve created a list of various barefoot shoes, boots, and sandal styles on the market. Whether you’re looking for everyday minimalist shoes or specialized barefoot-style footwear such as barefoot golf shoes, minimalist work boots, or shoes designed for the water, this list has something for everyone. Click on the links below for in-depth reviews of each type of barefoot shoe.
Casual barefoot shoes
- Minimalist Barefoot Slippers
- Affordable Minimalist Shoes, Flats, Boots, Sandals…
- Minimalist Everyday Shoes
- Barefoot Slip On Shoes
- Barefoot Ballet Flats
- White Barefoot Shoes
- Correct Toes Review
Specialized barefoot-style footwear
- Barefoot Dress Shoes
- Minimalist Tennis Shoes
- Zero Drop Work Boots
- Barefoot Golf Shoes
- Barefoot Winter Boots
- Barefoot Shoes for Flat Feet
- Minimalist Basketball Shoes
- Zero Drop Chelsea Boots
- Zero Drop Hunting Boots
- Zero Drop Rain Boots
- Zero Drop Winter Boots
- Barefoot Cycling Shoes
- Zero Drop Motorcycle Boots
- Wide toe box cycling shoes
- Minimalist Winter Boots
- Zero drop wide toe box running shoes
Barefoot shoes for kids
- Barefoot Shoes For Kids
- Barefoot Shoes For Toddlers
- Barefoot Sandals for Baby / Toddler to Support Your Child’s First Steps
For further readings on barefoot shoes, check these posts:
- Barefoot Shoe Brands: Top 12 Options
- Do You Wear Socks With Barefoot Shoes?
- How to keep barefoot shoes from smelling
- What are Barefoot Shoes?
- Benefits of Barefoot Shoes
Hope you enjoy my articles and return often, or even better, subscribe (see the footer below) to be notified by email of the new articles weekly!